While spiders may not do damage to your property as some pests do, they can certainly be a nuisance and even sometimes dangerous. Certain venomous spider bites can cause severe reactions, generally most severe in children or the elderly, or people with compromised immune systems. It is no surprise that many people want keep spiders away from their homes. While chemicals and pesticides can kill spiders, they can sometimes be harmful for your family and pets, therefore, below is a list of things you can do to keep spiders out naturally.
1) Keeping Spiders Out – Remove any environment around your house that could attract spiders; plants, piles of leaves, wood, or dark undisturbed places like old tires, buckets, etc. Seal any possible entry points, for example; seal small holes or cracks with caulk, make sure doors and windows close smugly, leaving no gaps.
2) Removing The Spiders Food Source and Shelter – A clean and uncluttered house will decrease the number of pests in your home leaving fewer places for spiders to hide and provide less smaller insects for the spiders to feed on.
3) Use Spider Traps – Lure spiders to their doom via setting spider traps around your home, using an aroma that is pleasing to them but unfortunately, not so nice for humans or pets. Don’t forget to properly dispose of the traps once full of dead spiders. Please note that spider traps do not completely exterminate spiders from your home and usually aren’t recommended as the preferred method for dealing with spiders.
4) Poisoning Spiders – When using poisons to eliminate spiders, it is sometimes necessary to remove the spiders food source before this method can be effective, once spider ingests the poison, they often return to their shelter before dying, leaving dead spiders around your home. Be wary when using poisons as its not uncommon for curious children and pets to accidentally ingest it, if this happens seek immediate medical attention.
5) Spider Repellent – Deter spiders from living in your home by emitting a scent that spiders detest while still safe and pleasant to humans. This can be an important step in ridding your home of spiders for good. Fill a spray bottle with water and add 5 drops of essential oil (citrus, lavender, tea tree, cinnamon, peppermint or citronella) and 5 drops of natural dish washing liquid and spray around the house (not plant friendly). Spiders also don’t like vinegar, chilli powder and citrus juice – all of which, spiders can’t stand and they are plant friendly!
Spider Control Service Areas:
Wood destroying insects may be small in size and look harmless but left untreated can cause more serious damage to your homes structure and your furnishings than other forces of nature. Want to know the 4 Common Insects That Damage Wood? It’s crucial that you manage wood-destroying insects efficiently with regular home pest control in wherever […]
Got a cockroach infestation? Go to War with These DIY Sprays and Traps! There are few things in life as disgusting and filthy as a pest infestation – fewer still are as extremely vexing as a cockroach infestation. If you’re going to war with an army of cockroaches, you should bring these DIY sprays and […]
Beyond Australia’s abundance of beautiful, yet potentially dangerous wildlife, our country also yields a large variety of pests which tend to disrupt and sometimes even cause damage to our homes. There can be all sorts of pest issues, listed below are some of the most common Australian pests. Wasps Large wasp nests can be home […]
Pests becoming a problem around your property and even worse inside your home. There are a few simple steps to eliminate those creepy crawlers before they damage property or affect your health. Long term solution to control pests around your home is the most efficient way to stop them in their tracks. Use the following […]