While spiders may not do damage to your property as some pests do, they can certainly be a nuisance and even sometimes dangerous. Certain venomous spider bites can cause severe reactions, generally most severe in children or the elderly, or people with compromised immune systems. It is no surprise that many people want keep spiders away from their homes. While chemicals and pesticides can kill spiders, they can sometimes be harmful for your family and pets, therefore, below is a list of things you can do to keep spiders out naturally.
1) Keeping Spiders Out – Remove any environment around your house that could attract spiders; plants, piles of leaves, wood, or dark undisturbed places like old tires, buckets, etc. Seal any possible entry points, for example; seal small holes or cracks with caulk, make sure doors and windows close smugly, leaving no gaps.
2) Removing The Spiders Food Source and Shelter – A clean and uncluttered house will decrease the number of pests in your home leaving fewer places for spiders to hide and provide less smaller insects for the spiders to feed on.
3) Use Spider Traps – Lure spiders to their doom via setting spider traps around your home, using an aroma that is pleasing to them but unfortunately, not so nice for humans or pets. Don’t forget to properly dispose of the traps once full of dead spiders. Please note that spider traps do not completely exterminate spiders from your home and usually aren’t recommended as the preferred method for dealing with spiders.
4) Poisoning Spiders – When using poisons to eliminate spiders, it is sometimes necessary to remove the spiders food source before this method can be effective, once spider ingests the poison, they often return to their shelter before dying, leaving dead spiders around your home. Be wary when using poisons as its not uncommon for curious children and pets to accidentally ingest it, if this happens seek immediate medical attention.
5) Spider Repellent – Deter spiders from living in your home by emitting a scent that spiders detest while still safe and pleasant to humans. This can be an important step in ridding your home of spiders for good. Fill a spray bottle with water and add 5 drops of essential oil (citrus, lavender, tea tree, cinnamon, peppermint or citronella) and 5 drops of natural dish washing liquid and spray around the house (not plant friendly). Spiders also don’t like vinegar, chilli powder and citrus juice – all of which, spiders can’t stand and they are plant friendly!
Spider Control Service Areas:
Wood destroying insects may be small in size and look harmless but left untreated can cause more serious damage to your homes structure and your furnishings than other forces of nature. Want to know the 4 Common Insects That Damage Wood? It’s crucial that you manage wood-destroying insects efficiently with regular home pest control in wherever […]
Common Types of Ants When dealing with an ant infestation, it’s actually helpful to know what type of ant has invaded your home. Even though they all look the same, there is a wide variety of ants that exist on this planet. The most common types that trespass in our households are: pavement ants, carpenter […]
Ever wondered why your electronic gadgets or appliances are no longer working? Or what is that horrible smell? Maybe at night in bed you have wondered what those strange noises are? You may need to know the 6 Benefits of Mice Control! If you’ve seen mice scurrying around your home, there’s a big chance that […]
Numerous videos that captured rodents on a rampage in Sydney are constantly being uploaded and shared on social media. These videos have also found their way into local and international TV news; as such, the current rodent problem in Sydney and across Australia is now known across the globe. Brown and black rats and their […]